Wednesday, August 24, 2011

lists

 I'm trying to think about all the things that I missed about Germany and what I will miss from here, and we will see if I totally exaggerated or if these things are really true.
so here what I missed:
  • Bread
  • Paper sizes and 
  • Photo sizes that match envelope sizes
  • the culture of eating out ( and not having to leave after a hurried dinner)
  • hanging out with friends and not see everyone go after the obligatory 2 hours
  • real parties (see above - but maybe that changed with having kids)
  • sense of "fashion"
  • health care
  • the beautiful medieval towns and viilages
  • street cafes
  • Bakeries on every corner 
Sorry - It's too late for me, I can't think anymore (I had to get up and bake bread for the market at 5:30), so I will continue the list tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment