Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stuck again

We are stuck again. This time (of all places) in Gilette Wyoming. Not exactly the best place. We are staying at Walmarts. Can you believe it? Four Years I managed to boycott this place and now that's the first thing we think of when looking for a free overnight spot. And yes of course we leave a little bit of money there…ah well how focus can change.

Luca just got over a vomiting spurt (3 days) we actually went to the clinic with him. After that all was good (of course). What else, we have gone through some national parks, went into the beautiful Rushmore Cave, drove past the presidents (we desided against paying 10 $ in for going to visitors center so I took some pics from outside and off we went to crazy horse. Here we also decide against 20$ and took foggy pictures from outside. But we did go see devils tower. Pretty awesome piece of rock (Phonolite- not Granit! Quarra).

Yesterday I was thinking I should keep some lists of stuff. But now I forgot what it was. Brain where are you?

Other events? We went to a real rodeo- that was pretty cool, we survived our first thunderstorm and the more rain after, met more interesting people (thanks Jen, Rebecca and Rand, Learned some more tomato caning ways…), and my first batch of kombucha worked out pretty good. Bread baking is getting better (not so burned anymore) and finally (yes yes yes) Andres hooked up the fridge today!!!

We are starting to ease into a rhythm. But we are not quite there yet… so it is still not as relaxing and free as expected (especially with a broke down bus-haha)

By the way if there are any must see's or must visit things or people in the area we are traveling through, let us know…

Can't think of anything else in my sunbaked head

See ya all


5 comments:

  1. If you're looking for breath taking rides, head up to Red Lodge Montanta,head south over Beartooth Pass into Yellowstone Park!!! It's a
    MUST!!! Have friends in Driggs ID, could hook you up. Many beautiful free camping areas up the valleys on west side of the Teton range.
    Friends also in Boise, great spots in the Saw Tooths also. Take care, Scotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glacier National Park up on the Canadian, Montana border. Awesome. Yellowstone of course!! I don't know where you plan on heading this fall/winter, but you are starting to push your luck going North!! Be careful.

    Dalton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Andres, Ane und Luca, viele Grüße aus Freest bei Tante Erna Klaus und Familie. Ich mache eine Woche Urlaub in Freest und schaue mir gerade eure Bilder an, Freue mich das jetzt alles geklappt hat und ihr endlich unterwegs seid. Ich habe Mattes nach Berlin gebracht und fahre über Freest zurück nach Hause. Mein kleines Auto fährt mich überall hin. Schöne Grüße von Hilde, Anja, Klaus, Hanne und Erna Tschüß bis bald

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ane, Andres and Luca!
    This is the first time I've checked your blog-- I'm glad to see you're posting and still OK.
    We've been thinking about you of course. Every time we walk by your house (every day) Tobias asks about Luca "Where does Luca live now?, Where are his toys?" We miss you.
    I love the photo of your bus in the storm. Very, very beautiful.
    Love you,
    Julie, (and Tobias and Ronan and Justin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete