So because everybody seems to comment on this strech of road, so will I:
what we heard was you will get carsick just driving and a lot of similar stuff, terrible roads etc.
we decided to take the direct route from Escondido, the 131. Our speed for the first half of the trip averaged out at 25 m/ hour (ok - we drive a 35 Year old VW Bus), with no straight stretch of road at all. But very scenic, up and down mountains with a very relieving cool breeze after the heat we just suffered. ( I´m wearing a sweater!!!) I actually enjoyed the road ( at least the part I wasn´t sleeping) and did NOT get sick at all ( even though I tend to that lately with this Baby in me). It is very Pot holey though- be warned. The second half seems to be way faster. The trip took us about 7 hours driving time ( note this is for 250 km) and 2 hours brake time on top for food. So do it , it was fine. we had a bit of a dribble and some fog, but that was nice for a change...
Safe driving all,
Ane
The bus ride is over and we are off to new adventures - after 6 Years of living and traveling America, we are going home to Germany
No comments:
Post a Comment