Monday, May 17, 2010

beachlife and more

so I wanted to write a little about beach life , the pro and cons so to say. I wonder if I can get it together. So basically you drive up to the beach and hope to find some Pallapas (palm leave huts open all sides) for some shade to play under and not get miserable and scorched. Then you hope for a brise and a nice surf (either to swim or surf or both) which is getting harder... sowe have had quite some beaches amzing surf ( to look at) and mostly some palapas that cost arround 50 Pesos/ person mas o menos. But then it can get very hard (like here in puerto Escondido  or Acapulco) where you end up needing a hotel (with pool and airconditioning or fan- becuase its so hot) right now is the hotteste month of the year, Andres and Luca are dripping with sweat and have red faces, I'm not quite that bad but suffering non the less. If there is no breeze there are Mosquitos or sandflies or what not, and my legs and feet and arms are a horrible site. So with all the water and waves and sunsets and that beachlife is really really nice. But you cant get the sand out of Bus and beds ( I hate sand in my bed)everything is moist and sticky ( the salt gets you), if there is no Palapa you are roasting in hell. And the itch ...no hot showers of course , normally a cold one to rinse off with or a bucket shower or (unhappy camper ) nothing at all...toilets are also very interesting most of the lack seats, almost allways do you need to bring your own paper ( fine with me ) dont dump in the toilet but the trash, and flush if possible ( sorry no water today - toilet out of order ( or the bucket - which works for me as long as there is water). hole in the ground luckily not so often..You definetly have to wash more often, and a few days ago I washed everything by hand ( there was no Lavanderia where we were, and while the stuff was drying , someone was cooking fish next door, guess what we had fresh smelly fish wash...thanks a lot.
so did this give you an impression of beachlife ? Missing the Coco locos , Margaritas and sexy beachboys. Oh well I'm to pregnant for the before and it depends on the surflevel of the beach for the latter ( some are quite smashing).
At the moment we are in puerto Escondido, watching those really good surfers try the mexican Pipeline, one board broke some people had to be rescued with the jetski coast guard, and do they look good...
we went to a beginners beach later on this morning and even I had a couple good waves...beides that we are boiling in hell from about noon to 6-7 pm, we hide in our hotel room with a fan or in the room of Bodes Family (yes we are back together again (happy boys)) with airconditioning. Luca is sleeping (thank god - the nights are pretty bad at the moment - to hot and mosquitoy), the night is pretty interesting all the people leave their holes and stroll up and down the street, hang in the cafes...
The Baby? is doing fine  - me ? not quite as well, I had a bad urinary tract infection which ended me in hospital after driving back to the city for 1 1-2 hours , N OT an experience you need to have ( the hospital or the infection, but with two shots and half an hour later I was relieved to be able to pee again and felt much better. Unfortunately the doctor there prescribed Antibiotik injections. If you know Andres, you know he is not able to give them. He keels over just watching and Luca cringed also and had to turn awaybut still held my hand so I would not be afraid. I ended up going to the local Bomberos ( the firemen) ( often the only medical assitance in rural areas) to get my shots. One time I was led in to the Hochsicherheits tract of the police pretty funny- and the nurse gave me a shot, another time I ended on the bed of a nurse (?)/ farmacy owner, who put in the injection. But now I'm done with that thank god and I hope the next check up will be in the states ( yes some of you know allready- we have to go back because of US of A Visa issues) and maybe I will understand a little more of what is going on and I can be more critical...we do have some nice ultrasound pictures ( thats all the OB Gyn's seem to do here) but besides that....
All is good  - sorry cant the pics to work...
Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment